Thursday, April 23, 2009
Posted by Country Treasures at 1:01 PM
Monday, April 13, 2009
1 (8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
1 egg yolk
1 1/4 cups sugar, divided
1 (1 pound) loaf sandwich bread, crusts removed
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
Preheat oven to 350º F. In a small mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, egg yolk and 1/4 cup sugar; mix well. Flatten bread slices with a rolling pin. Spread cream cheese mixture over each slice to within 1/2 inch of edges. Roll up diagonally from point to point. In a shallow bowl, combine the cinnamon and remaining cup of sugar. Dip roll-ups in melted butter,then in cinnamon-sugar mixture. Place in an ungreased 15x10 inch baking pan.
Bake at 350º for 16-19 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove and place on wire racks to cool.
Posted by Country Treasures at 9:39 AM
Drain not doing its job?
Try one of these home remedies:
- Pour in a cup of plain yogurt and leave it for several hours.
- Pour 1/2 cup of salt down the drain, then a good amount of boiling water, flush periodically with hot tap water.
- If the drain is plugged with hair, pour in a bottle of Nair; after half an hour, add very hot water.
- Shake in half a box of baking soda, followed by a cup of vinegar; after things stop foaming, flush with very hot water.
- Use a toilet plunger, apply strong force down over the plugged drain, then release.
- Use a drain-cleaning snake.
- When all else fails, call a plumber!
Posted by Country Treasures at 9:31 AM